Policies for Library Literature Donations of International Campus, Zhejiang University
Books are the ladder of human progress and the golden key to wisdom.
The donation of books, periodicals, manuscripts and other literature resources from all party and government offices, enterprises and institutions, social organisations, students, teachers and alumni of Zhejiang University, from people of all fields of society to the library are welcome.
To further improve the work of receiving literature resources and to regulate the process of donation and receiving the library formulated this regulation by referring to the Management measures of Donated literature of Zhejiang University Library, please be aware of the following regulations.
I. Collection Standards of Donated Literature
1. Donations should meet the Copyright Law of the People's Republic of China and other relevant laws.
2. Donations should be in accord with the library collection development policy.
3. Donations should be in accord with teaching and scientific research.
4. Official publications, but also unofficial publications of high academic value.
5. Journals that the library does not have (including online versions) and can be donated in sets or on an ongoing basis
6. Digital resources with domestic sales or distribution licences and can be accessible with existing technical equipment or the campus network environment.
7. Donated journals will only be used for reading in the current year and will not be included in the collection (except for continuous complete journals that are out of the library's collection)
II. Handling of Donated Documents
1. Once literature is donated to the library, the library is to have the ownership and discretion of it, and will handle it properly (including collection, transfer, exchange, etc.) in accordance with the relevant regulations and making use of the donated resources as far as possible without the need to inform the donor.
2. Donations from eminent scholars or alumni may be displayed as a complete collection of donated literature in the form of a famous book collection, depending on the wishes of the donor.
3. The works of teachers, students and alumni of Zhejiang University will be kept in the special collection.
4. Donors are kindly requested to leave their autographs or inscriptions on the donated books. The donated books will be regularly catalogued and shelved, and a special catalogue of donated literature will be established and published on the library's website.
III. Donation Methods
1. Donation to the library: Zhejiang University International Campus Library, 1st floor, Information Desk.
2. Donations by mail: Zhejiang University International Campus Library, No.718 Haizhou Rd, Haining City, Zhejiang Province.
3. Contact: Tel: 0573-87572288
(1) If multiple books are donated at one time, local donors can contact the library, and the library will have them picked up.
(2) Without prior agreement, the library generally does not accept postal donations on delivery.
IV. Receipt of Donation
1. Once the donation has been received, the library will issue a letter of thanks or a certificate of donation to the donor in person, by letter or by mail in a timely manner as a token of encouragement and appreciation. Please leave your name, telephone number, address, postcode and other contact details for the library to send a letter of thanks or a certificate of donation.
2.Donations of restricted documents that are not suitable for public access may not be received receipt.
3.The donation certificate is only an expression of gratitude to the donor and does not represent the library's assessment of the content or academic standard of the donated documents.
Library of International Campus, Zhejiang University
May 27, 2020
Appendix I:Library Donation Information Registration Form of International Campus, Zhejiang University